Thursday, May 28, 2009

HIV

i've been seeing a few HIV patients lately due to my research.

the first patient was a lady who got infected by her husband who was a drug user. she cried to me, telling me her stories of her life. i was so affected even till now.. she said "I love him, I dont regret that I chose the man I love to be my husband"... that is how strong love can be...

the second patient, a young man who was really young, didn't seem to affect his life, he was a university graduate and now working as a manager. patients infected with HIV do deserve a normal life too. They are no different from us from the outside. a pleasant young man...

the third patient, a technician who speaks very good english. he is a prisoner. the reason for being in prison : taking heroin to increase his appetite after infected with HIV. how true is it, i dont know..

the fourth patient, an old man who lives alone now because his wife infected him with HIV and passed away.. he is all alone..

and many more...

they dont dare to tell people they have HIV not even their relatives or close friends. why? that is because there are so many shallow people around who doesn't know about HIV. most of them dont get good support from their friends and family.. many of them got abandon by their own close families. isn't HIV like any other infective disease like Tuberculosis which is even more infective? why do people discriminate them when they are the ones dying in the most suffering way? some of them are innocent.. they do deserve support from the society..